Well, today is the first day off of the BePure cleanse! I’ve had a great experience, as I’ve talked about in all the other posts. I wanted to do a quick highlight of the changes I experienced.
- Sleep schedule – I’ve been able to go to bed/wake up as desired . (Before midnight, up before 9am.)
- No caffeine dependence – I have been drinking caffeine (coffee/green tea) for the past 3 years. 21 days without use allowed me to see my productivity and energy without any enhancements
- Energy – improvement in all over energy levels – day-to-day activities were easy, fun, and done with energy!
- Less sugar cravings – maintained the elimination of unnatural sugars, sweet goodies, chocolate, and others for full 21 days! AMAZING! and cravings were easy to mute with my Friendly Chocolate Milkshake 🙂
- Body/weight – Loss of about 5 lbs over the 3 weeks – could be diet related, water weight, or just detoxing with BePure and hot yoga! I feel like I look the best I ever have! Perfect for bathing suit season!
- Clear skin – no noticeable additional blemishes, skin did need lots of lotion (same as usual), but overall a good “glow”
- Digestion – maintained good digestion, no noticeable changes, 1 or 2 BM a day (as usual), but less bloating and feeling “too full” from over-eating
- Mucus – I normally tend to spit out mucus from my lungs and throat more than most people. I’ve been experiencing that for years now, but this was slightly reduced during the BePure cleanse
- Tonsils/Glands – I’ve had slightly swollen tonsils since I was younger, and especially enlarged after having Mono when I was in high school. They have been swollen ever since, but never enough to need them removed (nor do I feel that is a good option, I’d rather build my immune system). I didn’t notice them much during this cleanse. I think they get more inflamed with sugar, so I’m going to try to record this and see if eliminating sugar for good is my best option.
Now…let me share with you what I’ve done since I stopped cleansing! Last night was a friend’s birthday, and I went out and have 3 beers. I had some ContversiALE by Short’s Brewing Company in Bellaire, MI. AMAZING! A great beer to end my cleanse with. I didn’t really get drunk though, as I was just trying to keep it a chill night. I had a BIG morning ahead of me.
This morning I met up with a few of my friends and went to Food Dance. I really wanted some Zingermann’s Challah french toast, bacon, coffee, and a mimosa. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera so none of this is captured. However, I was disappointed in the presentation and decided I could do a better job at home…so a brunch party is my next adventure! The food was pretty good, the mimosa was wonderful, but the coffee was just okay. Later in the day I felt weird. I was slightly clammy, distractible, and somewhat drowsy. I didn’t like how I felt and I’m not sure if it was the consumption of all the things at breakfast or just the coffee. However, Food Dance does a great job using local, organic, and quality ingredients, so I feel like my body could handle some bacon, sugar, and bread. I really feel that keeping away from caffeine is going to be good for me. I’m going to buy some decaf coffee from the People’s Food Coop tomorrow and hope that does the trick!
Tomorrow is the beginning of Owner’s Appreciation Week at the People’s Food Coop and I’ll be doing some shopping. I need some groceries and most of my list is BePure diet allowed! I’m going to maintain the principles in this cleansing diet – lots of veggies, fruit, and plant proteins. I’m going to continue to limit animal products in my diet. I hope to stay away from non-food foods, for the most part.
Throughout this experience, I detoxified my life a lot. I have kept my apartment pretty clean. My room is cleaner than it has been since I was an elementary student. My jewelry are organized, myfloor is swept, my refrigerator is spotless, and all my laundry is done! It feels great to have been so productive in all areas of my life. Now it’s time for the final kick in this semester! I’ve got a term paper to finish before Friday, a few finals to study for, and a schedule change to anticipate! Exciting 🙂 But I’m off to watch Harry Potter! Ta-ta for now!